musings of an ohioan who was supposed to be icelandic...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I know we suffer for fashion or whatever.


One of the dangers of blogging lies in the possibility that Carlos already blogged about this artist and some people (assuming I have readers) already read about him. I suppose it's a risk I'll take. Being a poor girl with rich girl dreams, I love Marc Jacobs, and it was through his ads that I discovered photographer Juergen Teller. Though people may scoff at the 35mm point and shoot method he employs, I have to admit I'm a fan. Supposedly he is credited for the heroin chic trend? I don't know, but I can't argue against it. Regardless, his work seems to be an integral part of the fashion industry. I'm not fashion forward at all, and am still in search of a personal stylist that will work for free and on a budget, so excuse me for sounding like an amateur.

oh, Sofia...





3 comments:

Jon Cendrowski said...

I really like all these photos!

These Seans said...

anyting bjork related im all about.

Unknown said...

It's sooo not a competition. Blog about anything and everything I have already blogged about if you think someone else might see it and be inspired!

I love Juergen's work so much. His work is so lush and so unmistakably his. Also, in a world dominated by the gays, you can really tell when fashion is being photographed by an actual straight male and he seems to really capture that element of eroticism that is often lost.

I saw his show at Maupin Gallery in NYC last February, and a lot of it is featured in an extensive profile of Juergen and his work in issue #21 of The Journal (you can buy it on the American Apparel website or just borrow mine).

http://blog.ohcarlos.com/search/Juergen+Teller