musings of an ohioan who was supposed to be icelandic...

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Og hér ert þú.


Today I was finally able to watch "Heima", the Sigur Rós documentary. Filmed in the summer of 2006, the documentary chronicles their return to Iceland after extensive touring around the world and is centered around them playing free, unannounced shows around their native country. Heima (Icelandic for "at home") helped me rediscover my love for this band and also incited an obsession with the country of Iceland. I've been image googling, checking plane tickets, doing research; I have to travel there. Won't you come with?



the Blue Lagoon, geothermal "spa", during the Iceland Airwaves Music Festival

the capital, Reykjavík

Until then, Sigur Rós on September 23rd in Detroit! That should be enough to hold me over.



Sigur
Rós
Iceland Wiki

1 comment:

adam said...

i am so down for an iceland trip.
(or the sept. show)
i've heard that they got started
because bjork had them open for her.
and...
did you know that brennivin,
the national drink, is also known as
black death... awesome...
and...
fermented shark is one of the most treasured dish's.
thanks anthony bourdain.