musings of an ohioan who was supposed to be icelandic...

Friday, August 29, 2008

GASP!!


I was recently shocked and appalled to find that our beloved greasy spoon, The High Level Cafe, had turned their lights off, locked their doors, and put a 'For Lease' sign in the window. What does this mean for all of my fellow Old West End and Downtown/Uptown neighbors who are looking for a late night cure to the munchies? I'm a tad concerned. Will we be forced to drive to places such as IHOP or Wafflehouse? Order pizza from Cottage Inn (over-priced, mediocre, "45 minutes to an hour")? I will not subscribe to this! My suggestion? Someone with a little money open it back up with some minor improvements. Newer menu, new jukebox...think about it friends. Until then, Rest In Peace High Level. You'll be missed.